So I got married 2 Saturdays ago and we immediately left for vacation that Sunday night. Arriving in Hawaii at 4am, we basically started eating immediately and didn't stop til we arrived back in Cleveland. Here's proof of our gluttony...
Breakfast on 1st day

Egg and Cheese Crepe
Mango and Fresh Cream Crepe
They are a chain, but it really started the trip off proper.

Crepe House - Waikiki
(808) 922-2201
2490 Kalakaua Avenue, Suite 6
Honolulu, HI 96815
Crepe House on Urbanspoon
Just cause.
Poke

Gotta try the Poke Salad...I got it extra spicy and it was slammin'! The inside seating was a bit too Hawaiian cheesy to me (and it stank a bit like mildew and fish sauce)...so we enjoyed our snack outside.

Hawaiiana Cafe - Waikiki
(808) 772-8879
260 Beach Walk
Honolulu, HI 96815
Hawaiiana Cafe on Urbanspoon
BACK ALLEY FOOD STAND?! I'm all in!

While we were wondering thru Chinatown, I came across a back alley food court...and I went bonkers on that shit. There were Vietnamese, Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Hawaiian and Filipino foods represented. Plastic chairs and tables galore!

Sweet and sour pig knuckles (top left)
Hawaiian chicken stew with carrots and potatoes (top right)
Filipino style adobo pork (lower left)

The food court entrance was on Maunakea St. You have to walk thru a mini bazaar to to get to it. (NOTE: they are mostly open during lunches and close around 4-5pm.)
Vegan/Vegetarian Option

Obviously with my Carni-meal over, we had to find something for Amy for have. On our way back tot he hotel, we stopped by Ruffage Natural Foods, which specialized in organic vegetarian/vegan meals. Amy got the Veggie Burrito. She devoured it...so it must have been good.

Ruffage Natural Foods
(808) 922-2042
2443 Kuhio Ave
Honolulu, HI 96815

Two days later, we went back for breakfast. Amy and I shared a Vegetable Sammy and a Peanut Butter Smoothie. Both were excellent. The preparation and presentation was simple but packed a ton a flavor. Definitely worth a try!
Ruffage Natural Foods on Urbanspoon
JAPANESE BREAKFAST!

I have been craving a proper Japanese breakfast since my last visit to Japan. (8 years ago?!?) So when given the opportunity to try out a decently rated spot near our hotel, I jumped at the chance.

Amy ordered the Japanese Breakfast with only a soft scrambled egg. They gave her a salad as well and she really enjoyed the combination of pickled vegetables and the egg with rice.

I ordered the Grilled Salmon breakfast that is considered pretty traditional. I also added a side of natto with raw egg, so I could really put this baby over the top. The salmon was grilled well and the pickled vegetables added the perfect amount of saltiness and sourness to cut the oily fish. The natto was good. Not great. You could tell it was the frozen type but the with the right amount of green onions and nori, it still came together.

Yoshitsune (inside the Park Shore Hotel)
(808) 926-5616
2586 Kalakaua Ave
Honolulu, HI 96815
Yoshitsune on Urbanspoon

Comments

A little off-topic but just wanted to say I liked the layout of the site

Deirdre
01/13/2013 9:39pm

I just had to tell you, the wedding pic of you and Amy is so great! Love the jump/ heel-click! Amy, you look just beautiful, and the black&white style photo makes it timeless. That it is from the"rear-view", adds to the interest, and feel of the photo. You are a great looking couple, and as you may have figured out ,I really love this particular photo. But I gotta say, it's the beauty of the wedding dress, and the joy felt ....basically gotta love that high jump& click!!! Lol! Damn ,you really got some air on that jump!

Yummy, that looks so tasty! I love curry with everything.

07/18/2013 2:36am

You have to start giving us those recipes because I'm totally drooling all over the place here.

03/06/2013 11:46am

Yummy in your tummies! I wanna go there in my honeymoon... I really do. Everything seems perfect and careless.

03/06/2013 11:52am

She seems so happy! Congratulations! Wish you all the best! Hope I'll get to taste that food someday :)

04/30/2013 8:19am

The different varieties of food stuffs are good to read. I liked the write ups here. The food stuffs are really amazing. I would like to make my own dishes of this sort and share with my friends. Ragards.

06/25/2013 8:59am

i know that we've always wanted to go to hawaii on my honeymoon and i am sure I can always have it in the future.

07/09/2013 5:50am

I'm hungry right now how I wish I could try this one.

07/17/2013 1:36pm

You know, Hawaii doesn't look the way I imagined it would. I don't know whether that's a good or bad thing, to be honest.

writing autobiography
07/20/2013 10:53pm

Technology is nothing. What's important is that you have a faith in people, that they're basically good and smart, and if you give them tools, they'll do wonderful things with them.

writing an artist statement
07/22/2013 2:47am

I think it's brought the world a lot closer together, and will continue to do that. There are downsides to everything; there are unintended consequences to everything. The most corrosive piece of technology that I've ever seen is called television - but then, again, television, at its best, is magnificent.
<a href="http://www.artiststatement.net/how-we-are-writing-an-artist-statement/">writing an artist statement</a>

08/14/2013 12:40pm

The help that you need is available online. I have found a skilled essay writer that was able to write essay for me, I am sure that you will too. <a href="http://writessayforme.com/">do my essay</a>

biography help
07/22/2013 4:42am

To turn really interesting ideas and fledgling technologies into a company that can continue to innovate for years, it requires a lot of disciplines.
<a href="http://www.biographyhelp.com/">biography help</a>

how do you write an autobiography
07/22/2013 10:34am

Sometimes life hits you in the head with a brick. Don't lose faith.

press release distribution service
07/26/2013 8:51am

A lot of people in our industry haven't had very diverse experiences. So they don't have enough dots to connect, and they end up with very linear solutions without a broad perspective on the problem. The broader one's understanding of the human experience, the better design we will have.

08/15/2013 11:16am

The help that you need is available online. I have found a skilled essay writer that was able to write essay for me, I am sure that you will too.<a href="http://writessayforme.com/">write essay</a>

08/16/2013 4:47pm

We're pleased to your in due course spotted how far to educate yourself about and also opinion with the website page etut, due to the fact my own ring corporation moves i really do a lot of time. As a consequence of the writer around vocal plans, more than anything else, We turn some add ons within their supplier, but additionally With any luck , it may well twice it is actually profitability or even overall performance coming from all my own, personal workforce.

08/22/2013 1:40pm

The need for more culinary experience sent me to The Maisonette in Cincy, and Jo An in Kentucky.

08/24/2013 4:15pm

Hotdog and burger buns...the quarter pound 70/30 patty...the cheapest hotdog money can buy.

I would give the experience a thumbs up for vibe and authenticity...but a eeeeh for flavor.

09/01/2013 6:53am

Three skill levels are offered; these include Standard, Premium, and Platinum. Those needing essays at a Masters level will find themselves paying..

Our poets resolution originate a protocol treatise that is guaranteed to be 100% indigenous plus singularly written to your scrupulous specifications.

09/04/2013 1:22am

I like the helpful information you provide for your articles. I’ll bookmark your weblog and check again here frequently. I am quite sure I’ll learn many new stuff proper here! Best of luck for the following!

09/13/2013 2:47am

I love this guy, very inspirational.

09/16/2013 8:56am

My partner and i wonder how you will bought so good. HaHa! That is usually a amazing blog, a great deal of issues that I will wind up in. Something My partner and i simply want to say will be that your particular design is so perfect!

09/20/2013 3:01am

Information Visualization Software helps the individuals to imagine data or show enormous data in a classy way. In increasingly basic expressions, Visualization Software is a reporting client interface intended to be perused for investigation motivation behind information. It helps directors and organization executives, CEO and Marketing examiners to grasp and break down the state of their business and make the progressions in their methodology as per the change in the business sector pattern and yield.

09/23/2013 10:17am

Never been to hawaii before, but I do know it's an excellent place to spend your honeymoon.

09/27/2013 1:32am

I recently discovered your blog and still have high hope for this to carry on. Keep up the good perform, their nearly impossible to find beneficial ones. We have added to our faves. As well as the concept of Many thanks.

09/29/2013 12:34am

You can't connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something - your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life.

09/30/2013 12:31am

our acquired an incredibly practical web site For a great and here researching about some time nowadays. My organization is usually any kind of amateur although your current success is very lots any creativeness for me. Continue the wonderful.

Post is nicely written and it contains many good things for me. I am glad to find your impressive way of writing the post. Now it become easy for me to understand and implement the concept. Thanks for sharing the post

10/04/2013 5:32am

Great article!, the style of writing is a unique one and it is very interesting to read even though the topics are serious ones having effect on the society. The article is providing a large amount of information. Continue the good work.

10/06/2013 3:20pm

This can be a great sound judgment post. Worthwhile one who is merely seeking the means relating to this element. It's going to undoubtedly help teach me personally.

Because they don't teach business success in schools, and because I've always wanted to be a success and own my own business, I went looking in books for knowledge on how to become a successful business person.

10/10/2013 5:38am

Usually I don't study article on websites, yet I wish to say that this compose up extremely compelled me to examine and do it! Your written work style has been astounded me. Much obliged to you, extremely superb post.

10/10/2013 5:39am

You are superb and a debt of gratitude is in order regarding posting , this could be truly excellent and trust it'll work for me. Assuming that it takes a shot at sake of me then i'll be over grateful to you. Much obliged by and by.

10/10/2013 5:39am

It is an extremely exceptional weblog and that i like it greatly!...

10/10/2013 5:40am

It's legitimately a fabulous and helpful spot of information. I'm euphoric that you conferred this obliging information to us. If its all the same to you keep us learned as this. An obligation of appreciation is in place in regards to advertising.

10/12/2013 1:12am

How do you signup for a blog from Weebly?

11/10/2013 4:47pm

I really enjoyed the quality information you offer to your visitors for this blog.
I will bookmark your blog and have my friends check up here often.

11/19/2013 11:10pm

This could be truly excellent and trust it'll work for me. Assuming that it takes a shot at sake of me then i'll be over grateful to you. Much obliged by and by.

12/02/2013 1:08am

It is an extremely exceptional weblog and that i like it greatly!...